Document and Print Management
NIU’s Division of Information Technology (DoIT) supports the university’s need for professionally designed and finished print materials and the goals of modernizing business processes while reducing unnecessary print volume and inefficiencies in storage and retrieval of information.
This service includes end-to-end support for both print and online document management:
- design and production of print materials, optionally customized and personalized after free consultation and estimating;
- document scanning, indexing and secure data capture for easy access, intuitive content management and proper archiving;
- design, deployment and ongoing support of online forms and document workflow to aid in business process automation and improvement;
- view and track documents, events and interactions in a specific business process;
- printer and copier support and AnywherePrints software for classrooms, labs and offices; and
- implementation and support of DocuSign electronic signature software (coming in 2017).
Document Management (OnBase at NIU)
NIU uses the OnBase Document Management System integrated with PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office applications to replace paper-based filing and routing in a growing number of departments.
Document Design and Production
Integrated Media Technologies (formerly Document Services), located in the Human Resources Building at 1515 W. Lincoln Highway, produces NIU-branded stationery and business cards as well as custom printing projects. It uses a storefront print solution from EFI Digital Storefront to provide password-protected creation, online proofing, and custom document libraries.
Print Management (AnywherePrints)
A campus-wide project is underway to redesign and implement a managed print solution for departments that agree to track and manage their print output from a variety of devices (desktops, laptops and mobile devices) to a variety of devices (copiers, printers and fax machines). This project will reexamine student printing and printer and copier support.
Log In: Document Design and Production
- Storefront (Integrated Media Technologies, formerly Document Services)
Log In: OnBase
- Accounting Invoice Retrieval (AIR)
- Academic File Retriever
- Control Table Admin (ASP Runner)
- OnBase Premium Training
- Unity Client
- Unity Client QA
- Web Client
|Printing and Copying Options||Rate||Request|
|Black and white copies||5 cents / page|
|Color copies||12 cents / page|
|Purchase, install or relocate multi-function firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Huskie Bucks copy cards for use in NIU copiers||DoIT Forms|
|NIU stationery, business cards and marketing materials||go.niu.edu/documents|
|OnBase Document Management||Request|
|As of November 2016, OnBase is centrally funded. No user fees are required.||OnBase: Next Steps|
|Add or Remove Access to Academic Student Documents||DoIT Forms -> Computing Access Request|
|Add or Remove Access to Process Graduate Decision Sheet||DoIT Forms -> Computing Access Request|
|Scanning Job Request||Job Request Form|