Document and Print Management
NIU’s Division of Information Technology (DoIT) supports the university’s need for professionally designed and finished print materials and the goals of modernizing business processes while reducing unnecessary print volume and inefficiencies in storage and retrieval of information.
This service includes end-to-end support for both print and online document management:
- design and production of print materials, optionally customized and personalized after free consultation and estimating;
- document scanning, indexing and secure data capture for easy access, intuitive content management and proper archiving;
- design, deployment and ongoing support of online forms and document workflow to aid in business process automation and improvement;
- view and track documents, events and interactions in a specific business process;
- printer and copier support and AnywherePrints software for classrooms, labs and offices; and
- implementation and support of electronic signature software (coming in 2016).
Document Management (OnBase at NIU)
NIU uses the OnBase Document Management System integrated with PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office applications to replace paper-based filing and routing in a growing number of departments.
Document Design and Production
Document Services, located in the Human Resources Building at 1515 W. Lincoln Highway, produces NIU-branded stationery and business cards as well as custom printing projects. It uses a storefront print solution from EFI Digital Storefront to provide password-protected creation, online proofing, and custom document libraries.
- Anywhere Printers are color and black/white printers are located throughout campus for use by students, faculty and staff with OneCards. In 2015-2016, students will have $7 for printing automatically loaded into their OneCards.
- Students who are not enrolled, faculty and staff can use a Courtesy Copy card card to print to Anywhere Printers.
- Scanning documents to email or a USB drive is free of charge from any of the Anywhere Printers.
A campus-wide project is underway to redesign and implement a managed print solution for departments that agree to track and manage their print output from a variety of devices (desktops, laptops and mobile devices) to a variety of devices (copiers, printers and fax machines). This project will reexamine student printing and printer and copier support.
- Document Services Storefront
|Printing and Copying Options||Rate||Request|
|Black and white copies||$.07||Student Print Quota, Huskie Bucks|
|$.06||Departmental Credit Card|
|Color copies||$.25||All cards|
|Purchase, install or relocate Canon or Lexmark multi-function firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Printer agent set-up||$40/hour
minimum charge: $20
|Toner and supplies for Canon or Lexmark multi-function devices||no charge / included in cost per copy under the campus copier email@example.com|
Huskie Bucks credit cards for use in NIU copiers
Debit cards are available through 12/14/2015. The balance on debit cards must be used by 6/30/2016.
|NIU stationery, business cards and marketing materials||go.niu.edu/documents|
|Document Management Options||Rate||Request|
|Add or Remove Access to Academic Student Documents||DoIT Forms -> Computing Access Request|
|Add or Remove Access to Process Graduate Decision Sheet||DoIT Forms -> Computing Access Request|
|Scanning Job Request||Job Request Form|
|OnBase Options||>=20 Users||8 - 19 Users||3 - 7 Users||1-2 Users|
Scan, store and retrieve (reporting dashboard)
|Workflow business processing automation||$10,000||$5,000||$1,000||$750|
|Advanced forms capture||$3,500||$2,500||$1,000||$750|
|Dynamic form development||$3,500||$2,500||$1,000||$750|
|Full text searching - Idol||$3,500||$2,500||$1,000||$750|
|Case management - WorkView||$3,500||$2,500||$1,000||$750|