Wired and Wireless Network Connectivity Standards
- Up to four devices are allowed per network connection with one device per port recommended.
- General building connectivity is not intended for server use.
- Servers/services should be hosted at one of the NIU data centers.
- Servers must be registered with the Chief Information Security Office.
- Users are not allowed to install any wiring to extend the network other than a patch cable not to exceed 25 feet from the outlet.
- Network connections and telephone extensions cannot be shared between rooms or (in most instances) cubicles.
- DoIT will not perform any troubleshooting or repairs on any non-compliant connection and non-compliant connections will not be supported.
- All wireless access points must be provided by DoIT.
- A rogue wireless access device found on our network will be disconnected from the network and service terminated.