Software Licensing and Distribution
Site and Volume Licenses
DoIT works with campus partners to negotiate site licenses or volume discounts where available.
NIU has licensed the entire campus in the Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES), formerly known as Microsoft Campus Agreement, that allows NIU access to:
- Microsoft Office for both NIU-owned and personally-owned Windows and MacOS computers;
- SharePoint Servers and their Search, Document Collaboration, My Sites, Workflows, and Office Web Apps features;
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for remote management of NIU-owned workstations;
- System Center Endpoint Protection for antivirus/malware protection on NIU-owned Windows and MacOS workstations;
- Windows Enterprise (including BitLocker) for all NIU-owned workstations and unlimited installations on faculty and staff personal computers;
- Windows Servers, Active Directory, file and print services on Windows Servers.
Many software packages, in particular Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Cloud applications, offer NIU no volume discount for purchases.
As of July 1, 2019, individuals will be able to use their NIU commercial cards or P-Cards to purchase and download individual applications.