Student Administrative Systems Support
NIU’s Division of Information Technology (DoIT) implements, maintains and supports NIU’s core student administration systems. These applications include:
- PeopleSoft Interaction Hub to support the MyNIU portal; and
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions modules for Admissions, Campus Community, Student Financial Aid, Student Financials, and Student Records and Advising.
The PeopleSoft Student System modules are monitored with automatic alerts on the database via the Enterprise Manager, but the web and application servers are not actively monitored. The current project to implement the Oracle Exalogic Engineered System of integrated storage, compute, network, operating system and software products will allow for active monitoring across the PeopleSoft Student ecosystem.
Request for Access
- When students apply to NIU, they are granted a permanent Z-ID and access to MyNIU Student Self-Service.
- Faculty and advisors are automatically given faculty or advisor roles when they’re assigned to a class and present in the instructor-advisor table.
- Staff may request “Enterprise Access” to the PeopleSoft Student system by completing a Computing Access Resources (CAR) form at DoIT Forms.
FERPA training is required for central office staff in Registration and Records before PeopleSoft access is granted.