Qualtrics at NIU
Qualtrics survey software tracks participation, sends invitations and reminders, displays survey results graphically and statistically in real time, and exports raw data in a variety of formats including CSV, XML, HTML and SPSS, and popular statistical packages. NIU faculty, staff, and students can use Qualtrics for academic and administrative purposes on university-owned and personal machines for no cost to them.
- A survey library with templates that can be customized.
- Survey translation capabilities, allowing respondents to select a language or default to a browser language preference.
- Continuous file saving, minimizing potential data loss due to browser crashes.
- Folders for survey organization.
- Distribution of surveys to select panels of email recipients or via anonymous links.
- Custom reports that update dynamically as new responses are received.
- Over 90 question types.
- Ability to collaborate with others within the institution or with colleagues at other institutions who have a Qualtrics license.
Creating Accessible Surveys
- Check survey accessibility.
- Question type accessibility.
- Using the Check Survey Accessibility Feature.
Configure your Qualtrics survey to use NIU's Single Sign-On
Configure the survey
- In the survey editor and open the Survey Flow
- Click Add a new Element Here near the bottom of the page.
- Select Authenticator
- Change Authentication Type to SSO
- Uncheck the box Associate Respondent With Panel (unless that is something you need to do.)
- Change SSO Type to Shibboleth
Configure what (if any) identifying user information that you want to capture
- Check the box Capture respondent identifying info and click Add Embedded Data
- In the Embedded Data to Set field, choose and typea name for one of the information fields below.
- In the Field from SSO box, copy and paste the Identifier field from the chart below. Remove any leading or trailing spaces.
- Click the green + to add another embedded data field and repeat two steps above.
- Click Save Flow
Available Fields to Capture
|Example Data Label||Field from SSO||Example Value|