5¢ black/white and 12¢ color
- AnywherePrinter Locations
- Secure and encrypted VPN (AnyConnect) required when printing from off-campus to a campus location.
- Print wirelessly as long as you're connected to NIUWireless and not NIUGuest.
- Huskie Bucks accounts are required for personal printing that won't be charged to a departmental cost center. Even faculty and staff can use a Huskie Bucks account for personal printing on an AnywherePrints device
- The Pharos Print Center is an alternate way of submitting files to print from your workstation, tablet, or smartphone. Learn more.
- Manual color matching uses the "printer default" to allow all Microsoft apps to produce the truest NIU brand colors.
Print from your Android or iPhone using the Pharos Print app.
Instructions on how to use smartphones to print are on the Google Play and App Store pages.
- Server Name: printcenter.niu.edu
- Port: 443
- Username: NIU Account ID (not full email address)
- Password: NIU Account Password
AnywherePrints Features at NO additional cost:
- Scanning with options to email a scanned copy to any email address.
- Advanced finishing options like duplex (double-sided), collating and corner stapling.
- Faxing for those areas who haven’t yet killed off this practice. Departments must make a special request to include the fax feature, but departments will not be charged a monthly fee for the fax (phone) line.
- Letter-size (8.5x11), legal-size (8.5x14), and ledger-size (11x17) white paper and a document feeder on the side that allows users to feed in colored paper, letterhead, ledger-size paper, or other specialty papers. If departments have a color printer, they can also print on oversized ledger (12x18) white paper.
- Wired network jacks to enable networked and shared printing will not be charged for AnywherePrinters in departments.
- Secure and suitable for confidential documents, allowing pages to print only when the requester is present to swipe their OneCard and removing unwanted print jobs from the queue within 24 hours.
- Redundant and flexible locations. A single printer breakdown is of little consequence because print jobs can be picked up from any printer, anywhere on campus. If you’re meeting in another building and need to print something quickly, you need
nothave individual printer drivers installed on your laptop nordo you need to email someone your copy to print: just pickup where you are.
- Faculty, staff, and students can print from home, print by email, print from their phones.
Departments may request additional options at
- envelope feeders at $3/month for users that routinely produce #9, #10, and business envelopes and don't want to use the side document feeder;
- an external staple finisher at $26/month that allows users to select multiple staple options (e.g. three down the side of the page) rather than just one staple in the upper left corner;
- automatic 2-3 hole punch at $9/month for users who don't want to request 3-hold drilled paper from DoIT at no additional cost.
at no cost