- 5¢ black/white and 12¢ color
- Secure and encrypted VPN (AnyConnect) required when printing from off campus to a campus location.
- Print from your mobile device by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print wirelessly as long as you're connected to NIUwireless and not NIUguest.
- Huskie Bucks accounts are still required for personal printing that won't be charged to a departmental cost center. Now even faculty and staff can use a Huskie Bucks account for personal printing on an AnywherePrints device
AnywherePrints Features at NO additional cost:
- Scanning with options to email a scanned copy to any email address.
- Advanced finishing options like duplex (double-sided), collating and corner stapling.
- Faxing for those areas who haven’t yet killed off this practice. Departments must make a special request to include the fax feature, but departments will not be charged a monthly fee for the fax (phone) line.
- Letter-size (8.5x11), legal-size (8.5x14), and ledger-size (11x17) white paper and a document feeder on the side that allows users to feed in colored paper, letterhead, ledger-size paper, or other specialty papers. If departments have a color printer, they can also print on oversized ledger (12x18) white paper.
- Wired network jacks to enable networked and shared printing will not be charged for AnywherePrinters in departments.
- Secure and suitable for confidential documents, allowing pages to print only when the requester is present to swipe their OneCard and removing unwanted print jobs from the queue within 24 hours.
- Redundant and flexible locations. A single printer breakdown is of little consequence because print jobs can be picked up from any printer, anywhere on campus. If you’re meeting in another building and need to print something quickly, you need
nothave individual printer drivers installed on your laptop nordo you need to email someone your copy to print: just pickup where you are.
- Faculty, staff, and students can print from home, print by email, print from their phones.
Departments may request additional options at
- envelope feeders at $3/month for users that routinely produce #9, #10, and business envelopes and don't want to use the side document feeder;
- an external staple finisher at $26/month that allows users to select multiple staple options (e.g. three down the side of the page) rather than just one staple in the upper left corner;
- automatic 2-3 hole punch at $9/month for users who don't want to request 3-hold drilled paper from DoIT at no additional cost.
at no cost
Printer Models and Options
- Canon C350iF: B/W | Color
- Canon 500iF/400iF: B/W | Color
- Canon 4200 series: B/W | Color
- Canon 5500 series: B/W | Color